Use the main headings and their drop down boxes to take you to the particular post:
PLEASE NOTE: All blog posts are within the order to tell the story. The menu’s left to right, subheadings top to bottom accordingly.
About GDD: An overview of why this blog exists including information on What a GDD is and why I’ve created this blog.
Navigation: This post, helping you navigate easily through my blog
Under the heading JAMS:
Character JAM: This drop down includes the daily processes of that particular JAM week
Narrative JAM: This drop down includes the daily processes of that particular JAM week
Game JAM: This drop down includes the daily processes of that particular JAM week
Sculpture JAM: This drop down includes the daily processes of that particular JAM week
Under the heading GDD:
The Stories: This drop down includes 2 more focused drop downs:
- The Reviews: This post is focused on each story that was provided within the first week, and includes my summaries and reviews of each story.
- The Metamorphosis: A more in-depth review of the story and why I decided to choose this. Including the beginning themes that came to mind whilst I was analysing the particular story
Design Goals: This is one post outlining the outcomes I want to achieve for this game
Pitch, Description, and Overview: This drop down includes 5 more focused drop downs:
- Pitch: This post is the elevator pitch for my game. The selling points.
- Game Overview: This post is focused on an in-depth overview of the entire game and all of the aspects linking.
- USP (User Selling Point): This post is describing why my game is unique on the marker
- Audience and Ratings: This post explains the outlines of why my game ratings exist and why it is important for designers to understand audiences for their games.
- Genre: This post is self-explanatory, the genre, why it’s classed under that particular heading and how that effects game rating.
Major and Minor: This drop down includes 2 more drop downs:
- Ideation of Core Mechanics: This post lists and explains the more in-depth mechanical issues of creating a chance based puzzle game.
- The Limbs: (All posts listed separately) These posts are an extremely detailed inside look to all of The Limbs, their uses, upgrades, and obstacles.
- Dream Capsules and The Brain Bank: This post describes the uses for both of these in-game features.
- The Limb Diary: This post outlines the idea of having a visible collection of your Limbs and their Generations.
- Puzzle Testing: (All posts are listed separately) These posts are a visual look at how the puzzles are played and solved within the time given for each limb.
- Level Layout: Explained: This post is a descriptive summary of how the level layout works, how the character will move and how the obstacles will approach the character on the screen.
- Procedural Generation and Parallax Scroll: This post is defining how the game will use these techniques and why these were chosen.